SNJM Associates are women and men invited to live the charism and spirit of the foundress, Blessed Marie-Rose Durocher. We are united in living the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary through our daily lives. We give witness to the SNJM core values of faith, education and service for the full development of the human person.
According to our gifts and circumstances in life:
- we participate in education to promote and respond to the justice issues of our times;
- we collaborate as Associates to welcome, advocate for, and serve people who are marginalized;
- we celebrate and support each other on our faith journey.
In Manitoba there are currently 62 Associates and 1 candidate. Active Associates gather regularly to:
- Socialize and build community among ourselves and with the Sisters (dinner and dialogue).
- Nurture our spiritual lives (our annual retreat). Read about our annual retreat in November 2020.
- Deepen our knowledge and understanding of justice issues (water workshop).
- Learn more about Mother Marie Rose Durocher and the Congregation. Read about preparations for Chapter 2021.
- Organize and participate in outreach projects (annual Christmas dinner at the Immaculate Conception Drop-In Centre). Read about the 2020 Christmas Dinner. Click here to read about the 2020-2021 outreach project.
- Support SNJM related ministries (visit to Artbeat).
- Support the SNJM corporate stands (read more).
Associates also send representation to the General Chapter of the Congregation which meets every 5 years to set direction and priorities. Click here for the 2020-2021 Calendar of Event.
Manitoba Associate Leadership and Collaboration
Activities and events are coordinated by the Associate Leadership Team.
The current members of the Leadership Team are Gina Hoe, Kitty Kelly, Jean Van Walleghem, Christine Butterill, Mary Morton and Sister Marylyn Gibney.
The Team has representation on the Congregational Associate Network that was established after the 2016 General Chapter.
Become an Associate